Monday, November 7, 2011

Men...

I had an interview with my bishop today, just for him to see how I was doing. I don't like those kinds of interviews very much because I never have anything to say and it's usually a bit awkward. This time it wasn't, though. He asked me about my family and any worries that I have. I told him about how it's a little depressing that all my roommates have an interest (one that's interested in them back, anyway) and I don't. Plus, I haven't been asked on any dates since I've been in college, which seems like quite the anomaly. I felt kind of foolish saying that, since you shouldn't be worrying about your relationship status or how many dates you've been on, but he told me it was okay. It's natural to worry about those things, so I shouldn't be ashamed that I'm feeling this way. He told me that they've been trying to get the guys to ask girls on dates more, but so many of them don't see a point when they have less than a year until their missions. It's lame.

Since I've been thinking a lot about marriage lately, here is what I want in a husband:
- Good looking (I think it's pretty normal to want to be attracted to the guy you're going to be with forever)
- Good teeth (They're important... they needed their own bullet point)
- Makes me laugh
- A best friend
- A good listener and talker (I want to be able to have lots of meaningful conversations with him)
- Someone I can do lots of fun stuff with... like working out :P
- Chivalrous
- Hard-worker
- Good with kids
- Someone who's going to take care of me
- RM (unless he's a convert, was inactive, or something like that)
- Worthy Priesthood holder
- Strong testimony

Don't worry. I don't want to get married for another two years-ish... but it doesn't hurt to think about it, especially when you should date the kind of guy you want to marry.

3 comments:

  1. Haha I like how "good teeth" is a part of your list :) Love you Caitlin! P.S. This is a great list and a good reminder to all us girls as to what we should be looking for in a husband. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, you really should be a writer. You have such a great way with words and your thoughts are very insightful. Hope you are doing well, I miss seeing you and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement!
    Love you, too :)

    ReplyDelete